Muffins can be made healthier by adding mashed banana and apple sauce. Blueberries and other healthy ingredients are also included.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Prepare 12 muffin cups for a 12-hole muffin pan. Mix the eggs, yoghurt and oil with the apple sauce, bananas, honey, vanilla, and oil in a large bowl. Mix the remaining ingredients except for the seeds in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt to the bowl and mix well.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ones. Continue mixing until the batter is smooth. Do not overmix, as it will result in muffins that are too heavy. Divide the batter among the muffin cases. Sprinkle the muffins generously with the extra oats and the seeds. Bake the muffins for about 25-30 minutes until they are golden brown and have risen to the top. Take the muffins out of the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool. You can store it in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- Two large eggs
- 150ml pot natural low-fat yoghurt
- 50ml Rapeseed oil
- 100g apple sauce, pureed apples (found with the baby food).
- One ripe banana, mashed
- 4 tbsp of clear honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 50g rolled oatmeal, plus additional sprinkles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 100g blueberry
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (we used flaxseed, pumpkin and sunflower)
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings