Chicken Taco Seasoning Recipe – Taco Tuesday is great, but tacos any day are even better! Tacos are an easy meal to make for weeknight meals if you’re anything like me. Ground chicken tacos? Yes, please! Taco seasoning is key to making a good taco. There are no more store-bought taco seasonings that contain added sugar, silicon dioxide, or other “natural flavors.” This homemade taco seasoning will reinvent the classic weeknight meal.
All about Chicken Taco Seasoning Recipe
It’s great for making homemade chicken taco seasoning. You can use it to make ground chicken tacos or as a spice mixture to season meats, poultry, and fish. It can be used for any purpose, but I prefer to season ground chicken tacos with it.
Ingredients for Chicken Taco Seasoning
- chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Powdered onion
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Oregano dried
- Sweet or smoked paprika
- black pepper
For the tacos:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bell pepper
- Ground chicken
- Corn tortillas You can also substitute corn tortillas for flour tortillas if you wish.
How to make chicken taco seasoning with homemade seasoning
Mix together the crushed red pepper, onion powder, and crushed garlic powder. You can increase the amount of crushed red pepper flakes or add a pinch of cayenne to your chicken taco seasoning. You can also remove the crushed red bell pepper if you prefer a milder taco seasoning.
Place olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Mix the spice mixture with the ground chicken. Cook the chicken until it is well done, breaking it up as needed. Once the chicken is cooked, take it out of the skillet. Heat more olive oil in the same skillet on medium heat. Add your vegetables from there! This recipe uses onion, bell pepper, as well as zucchini. Sauté the vegetables until you like them. Next, return the chicken to the skillet and allow it to heat up. Finally, mix the mixture with the corn tortillas. Enjoy! # Reecipes.info
These are some helpful tips for making your next purchase.
- Tacos are something I love to make, so I make large batches of homemade taco seasoning. To do this, I divide each measurement by 4. The bulk chicken taco seasoning is then stored in a baggie or cleaned-out spice container. When I’m ready to make my chicken tacos at home, I remove 2-3 tablespoons of the seasoning from the chicken and add it to it.
- Pour the chicken taco seasoning into the oil and let it bloom for 30 seconds before adding it to the pan. This will make the spices more flavorful and fragrant.
The DASH Diet
DASH is also known as the Dietary Approach for Stopping Hypertension. This diet is low in sodium but high in fruits, veggies, low-fat milk, whole grains, and less fish and poultry. Cooking with spices and herbs can help reduce your sodium intake. This taco seasoning is great for people who are trying to reduce their sodium intake. It’s delicious no matter what!). It’s delicious without salt, and it still packs tons of flavor! Check out my cookbook for more DASH-friendly recipes!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika sweet or smoked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 Zucchini diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Corn tortillas
- Mix together the chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl. Add red pepper flakes, oregano (paprika), cumin, and black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons of oil can be added to a large skillet on medium heat. Cook onion, pepper, zucchini, and spice mixture until vegetables are cooked to your satisfaction. Set aside.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of oil with the chicken. Continue to cook the chicken by breaking it up until it is cooked through.
- Mix vegetables in a skillet with the chicken.
- Serve with corn tortillas.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings