Our carrot cake version with raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg flavours is a new twist on porridge. It will give you energy and set you up for your day.
- Mix all ingredients except the honey in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, often stirring until the carrots and oats become softened and the porridge becomes creamy.
- If it becomes too thick, you can add milk to it as it cooks. If you prefer, add a little more milk and honey to taste.
- Two small carrots, peeled and grated
- 180g porridge oats
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- Fresh nutmeg grating
- 75g raisins
- 850ml milk (cow or plant milk)
- 1 tbsp nut oil, such as almond (optional).
- Honey, to serve (optional).
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings