Joe Wicks’ protein-packed take on the classic fry-up. For a filling, hearty start to your day, add the steak, mushrooms, and spinach.
- Turn the grill on high. Season your tomatoes with a little oil. Place the tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and grill. After cooking for about 4-5 minutes, add the bacon to your tray. Cook the bacon until it is done. To keep it warm, turn off the grill.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick frying pan on high heat. Season the steak and fry it for 2-3 minutes on each side until medium-rare.
- While the steak rests, place the mushrooms in a still-hot skillet. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Then, transfer the mushrooms to the other side of the pan. Cook the spinach until it is wilted. Bring a saucepan of boiling water to boil.
The egg should be boiled in boiling water. Once the egg is dissolved, reduce the heat to simmer. The egg should be cooked for about 3-4 minutes or until it is set but still has a lot of yolks. Use a slotted spoon to gently lift the egg out and place it on kitchen paper. Combine everything and serve with the poached eggs.
- 15ml olive oil
- 130g tomatoes, halved
- Four rashers turkey bacon
- 180g Sirloin steak, trimmed of visible fat
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 160g spinach
- One egg
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings