This slow-cooked, delicious alternative to canned baked beans is great for breakfast and brunch. It can be served with toast or eggs. They are a good source of protein.
- If necessary, heat the slow cooker. In a large skillet, heat the oil and fry the onion. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the sugar and vinegar. Let it bubble for about a minute. Add the beans and passata to the mixture and season with black pepper. Place everything in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours. If the sauce appears too thin, increase the heat to High and continue cooking for a few minutes. Mix in the coriander.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- One onion, thinly sliced
- Two cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- One heaped tablespoon of soft brown sugar
- 400g can pinto beans, drained.
- 200ml passata
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings